Assuming an item can be renewed (most items have two renewals, however some items have none: check with staff for more information), there are three ways to renew an item. You can visit the library in person, call us at 610-287-8360, or log into your MCLINC account here and follow the prompts for book renewal.
Effective August 1, 2022, Montgomery County-Norristown Public Library and its branches and bookmobiles will automatically renew eligible materials that are checked out on your library card–without you having to lift a finger!
Autorenewal will apply only to materials owned by MC-NPL, its branches and bookmobiles, and all other MCLINC libraries that currently offer automatic renewal.
When will my item(s) automatically renew? We will attempt to renew your borrowed item(s) three days before the due date. If successful, your loan period will be extended for 21 days from the existing due date, an additional full loan period. There are several ways to find out an item’s due date:
- Check the courtesy notice emailed to you 3 days before the due date. (For this option, opt-in to receive email notices if you have not already.)
- Log in to your online account.
- Call your library branch or bookmobile during operating hours.
Why won’t my item Automatically Renew? An item will not automatically renew if:
- Another library user has requested it.
- The item is from another MCLINC library that currently does not offer auto-renewal.
- The item has reached its maximum number of renewals (2 times for most items).
- Your account is expired.
- The item is a digital item, such as an eBook from Overdrive.
- The item is an InterLibrary Loan from a library outside of MCLINC.
Can I opt out of Automatic Renewal? Automatic renewal is an automatic process that applies to all MC-NPL cardholder accounts. Please return items if you are finished with them.